Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Leaving Highway 61

Before I left the office, I receive an email from "Zap-Fer" to the "Lost Sheep"...read the mail briefly..humourous..contained within also a song.. told meself that I would hear it back home.... In it accompanies the remark "hope you can catch the lyrics…well you know…as one grow older, their ears not that sharp"... haha... well.. I am really hard on hearing these days or have i been on extended selector mode to hear only what I want to hear....

Botak Chin definition
Noise [Noyz]
Vocal expressions which does not confine to the psychological state of an individual and hence is filtered/purged from the system naturally. This ensures that harmony and equilabrium is maintained within, without the need for a fix. Under harsh conditions, noise may sometimes be altered and embalmed.



Back home, I downloaded and play the song.. easy slow strumming in minors suggested that it would be a sad song... the well crafted tune prompted me to find out more about the band and of course...to locate the lyrics.. i am totally, absolutely a visual person.... the lyrics were simple and touching.. is this in refrence to the parable of the "Lost Sheep" i can't recall but really heart warming song.. Thank You so much for the song...Zephyr.. thank you for the thoughts..May God bless you always !


I'm lost and broken all alone on this road
The wheels keep turning but the feeling is gone
when I fear I'm on my own
But you remind me i am not alone

You say..

I'd leave ninety-nine
Leave them all behind
To find you (For you alone)
I'd leave ninety-nine
Leave them all behind
To find you

It's dark and lonely and the path is unclear
Can't move my feet because I'm frozen with fear
And you say, my child, my child
i am always here, i'm by your side

I'd leave ninety-nine
Leave them all behind
To find you (For you alone)
I'd leave ninety-nine
Leave them all behind
To find you

You're never too far down, i promise you'll be found,
i'll reach into the mud, the miry clay
persue you to the end, like a faithful friend,
nothing in this world, will keep me away,

I'd leave ninety-nine
Leave them all behind
To find you (For you alone)
I'd leave ninety-nine
Leave them all behind
To find you............
Leaving 99-Audio Adrenaline

There is always comfort in knowing that you can fall back on God and good individuals......., perhaps the utmost draw of being in a religion is that a person subconsciously knows that a higher being will always be there to guide them and help them in times of need whether manifasted in true form or in the perceived consciousness of the mind..

btw...a strange thing happened when i replayed this beautiful track the 4th time..the dinning room light went off leaving me in almost complete darkness spare the lights in my computer room... what are you trying to tell me..God ?

Religion is such a complex roadmap these days... so many choices out there... buddhism, christanity, judaism; taoism, islam, catholicism etc etc etc.. how does Man make a choice if all of the undelying basic principals are almost the same.. the commandments of each religion may be stated in one form or another..but basically, essentially and personally, i think that they all guide us to execute goodness of all forms in our daily lives towards everything living.. how does a person come to the conclusion that their religious beliefs is the truest and only correct form to embrace... Is there perhaps only One God in this world manifasted in many forms accordingly to the circumstances and enviromental settings of that age ?

Oh God said to Abraham, "Kill me a son"
Abe says, "Man, you must be puttin' me on"
God say, "No." Abe say, "What?"
God say, "You can do what you want Abe, but
The next time you see me comin' you better run"
Well Abe says, "Where do you want this killin' done?"
God says, "Out on Highway 61."
Highway 61 Revisited-Bob Dylan

Where would a perfectly good-deed doer Athiest be after his death ?

Let His Will Be Done..

1 Comments:

Blogger The Rational Neurotic said...

Luke 15

The Parable of the Lost Sheep

1 Now the tax collectors and “sinners” were all gathering around to hear him.
2 But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, “This man welcomes sinners and eats with them.”
3 Then Jesus told them this parable:
4 “Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the 99 in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it?
5 And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders
6 and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’
7 I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over 99 righteous persons who do not need to repent.


You've heard the sales pitch: Christianity isn't a religion, it's a relationship. Yet no one can truly say that other religions ain't that way too.

But inside us we know. Honestly, personally.. so many times I've felt.. God.. can I like, take a break? Apply for leave? yet inside, I cannot forget how hard it was for me to fight my way back, all those baggage I unknowingly picked up. You probably know about this.. in your own way.

The truth is, we all have our own struggles and crisises with Him, and it's up to us to admit it so to allow the healing process.

God will leave his herd of the 99 so as to save that 1 that had run astray. It's like the parable of the lost coin also, and the lost son. (Luke 15, verse 8 onwards)

I've been the 'lost son' before.. and nothing warms me up inside, even when I feel really lousy, to think about how I could just unload all the shit (still unloading) inside and come back to Him again. It's not easy looking inside yourself, forcing out the blind spots.

God bless you, brother. May He continually bless you with more intimacy with Him.

Our prayers and thoughts are with you.

2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home