Sunday, January 23, 2005

Blues for Allah

Another typical saturday...went to the zoo with wifey and son...erica is still too young to enjoy the animal viewing. The journey there was a drag...the usual comments were freeflowing.."please drive carefully", " better slow down, there is a camera ahead", "do you know that you are driving too close to the left..", "blah blah blah..."
Strange but true..i think most wifes have this erm... "i trust anyone but my husband the driver" syndrome.. everytime a woman gets into the car with her husband on the wheels, it happens.. I have noticed this happening when taking a ride with friends and their wives... is it a coincidence I don't know.. but somehow the female mind conveniently eases itself into a neurotic state which pisses the hell out of me. I have learnt...to be silent and concentrate on driving. It is easy to retaliate with unkind remarks and blow the whole day away....

wifeyblokewifeyblokewifeybloke conversation

wifey: "can you treat me nicer?"

bloke: "i don't think i am treating you any worse than yesterday"

wifey: " let's split lah, can't take this anymore..."

bloke: "sure, let's split..."

silence...........................................


It was utterly miserable...I wanted to just tell wifey to go to the zoo without me or to tell her to go for her hair treatment so that I could spend time with son without her... It was simply a drag from then onwards..I struggled to mutter the sighs under my breathe... in times like these, i have always asked God, is this how it is meant to be ?... why do i always have to go through this state of emotions...sigh...

God..1st you make me endure 2 miscarrages..i handled it much better for sure..
God..then you gave me two beautiful, intelligent and angelic kids..i am grateful eternally i hope..
God..but you crafted our relationship in a manner which you willed..what am i suppose to do ?

At the end of today, we made up..for the upteenth time.....how long will this carry on? my soul is weary for sure..

God, I leave it in your hands. Amen.


2 Comments:

Blogger The Rational Neurotic said...

Matthew 11:28
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

Matthew 5:9
"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God."

Matthew 5:5
"Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth."

surely Rest will come if you seek it from Him.. If you have faith like a mustard seed.

Anyways I thought women have the "I trust none but my husband the driver" syndrome..

10:42 AM  
Blogger Botak Chin said...

http://botakchin.blogspot.com/2005/02/no-woman-i-cry.html

1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home